The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is the main regulatory body. It lists all of the qualifications for food business owners based on the type of business. A Central FSSAI license is given to a food business operator who has a large-scale operation with a yearly turnover of more than 20 crores. In this segment, we’ll talk about Central License.
FSSAI Central License Eligibility:
If you meet the following conditions, you can apply for an FSSAI Central License:
- Dairy and chilling milk units with a combined annual output of 50,000l of milk liquid or 2500 MT of milk solid
- The unit for processing vegetable oil naturally or through solvent extraction, as well as refineries and an expelling unit with a daily production capacity of 2MT.
- Slaughter units: the regular slaughter of 50 large animals, 150 small animals, and 1000 poultry birds.
- Processing of meat: 50 kg/150MT or more per day
- 2MT daily food processing (including repackaging and relabelling) except grains, cereals, and pulses
- 100% proprietary food producers Units that are focused on export
- Importers of meat, as well as agricultural materials and industrial chemicals, are included.
- Units of storage with a capacity of more than 50,000MT (excludes controlled atmosphere and cold environment)
- Refrigeration/cold storage capacity: over 10,000MT
- More than 1,000MT of controlled atmosphere and cold environment
- Wholesalers: annual turnovers of more than Rs. 30 crores
- Retailers: annual turnovers of more than Rs. 20 crores
- Distributors: plus, a yearly turnover of Rs. 20 crores
- Suppliers: plus, a yearly turnover of Rs. 20 crores
- Caterers: plus Rs. 20 crores in annual revenue
- Restaurants: Rs. 20 crores in annual revenue.
- Marketers: plus Rs. 20 crores in annual revenue
- Transporters: more than Rs. 30 crores in annual turnover/more than 100 vehicles
- Hotels with five stars or more
- Catering facilities provided by establishments or Central Government agencies Storage/Wholesalers/Retailers/Distributors operating on Central Government agency premises.
- Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, and Hyderabad are among the seaports that can provide catering services. Trivandrum, Visakhapatnam, Trichy, Cochin, Tuticorin, Marmagoa, Amritsar, Ahmedabad, and other cities in India.
Required Documents for FSSAI Central Licensing:
Each food business operator must ensure that all reports are available and up to date to obtain a Central FSSAI license. Here’s a list of all of the necessary documents.
- The proprietor/partner/authorized signatory must complete and sign Form B.
- Overall measurements and allocation of manufacturing and operational units published in the blueprint/layout of the processing unit. This is needed for the manufacturing process.
- Private corporation – A list of all the directors, along with evidence of their full names and addresses.
- Partnership Company – A list of all partners with evidence of their full names and addresses.
- Cooperative society—a list of the community’s executive members, along with full names and addresses.
- Trust – A list of trustees with full names and addresses.
- Keep track of the different types of machinery that will be used in the company, including names, numbers, capacities, horsepower, and so on.
- The government authorized Identity proof and address proof of proprietor/trustees/society members/partners/signing authority
- List of manufactured food categories with complete information
- A letter of authority from the person who will be held accountable, signed by the second responsible person on behalf of their authorities.
- An in-depth investigation of the water used in food production.
- Any of the following documents can be used as proof of address: rent agreement, electricity bill, sale deed, etc.
- Private co-operation: Articles of Association, Memorandum of Association
- Co-operative society – Society resolution form, chairman and member records, and proof of address
- Charitable trust: Name and certificate of the trustee
- Partnership: Deed of Partnership
- Proof of certificate issued by Coop Act 1861
- Manufacturer: NOC (Non-Objection Certificate) and license copy
- Food safety management System plan or certificate
- Source of milk including location (if applicable)
- In the case of meat and meat processing plants, the source of raw materials is essential (if applicable)
- Pesticide residue declaration
- In the event of a repacker or relebeller, have a recall plan in place.
- Non-Objection Certificate issued by the municipality or local officials
- 100% EDU certificate issued by the ministry of commerce
- Turnover evidence
- NOC/PA papers issued by FSSAI
- IE CODE issued by DGFT
- FORM IX
- A Certificate that’s been issued by the Ministry of tourism (hotels)
- Documents confirming yearly turnover/ self-declaration copy of vehicles
- Declaration form
The above list of documents is required for obtaining a Central license; otherwise, the application can be cancelled.
Fees Structure for the FSSAI central license:
|New FSSAI central license||Rs. 7,500Rs.|
|Renewal of FSSAI central license||Rs. 7,500Rs.|
|Modification of FSSAI central license||Rs. 7,500Rs.|
|For duplicate central license||10% of the application license fee|
FSSAI Central License Renewal:
That you’ve already applied for an FSSAI central license, you’ll need to renew it once your registration expires. In this case, following is the process of FSSAI central license renewal:
- Form A or Form B, depending on eligibility, must be completed simultaneously with a self-attested declaration and a photo identity evidence, such as an Aadhar card, passport, voter id, or driver’s license.
- Following the completion and submission of the form, officials will review and validate the information provided, followed by an examination to ensure the accuracy of the documentation and information provided.
- After examination, the FSSAI will grant a central license within 60 days.
Note: Any such delay would not impact the business’s operations. If the FSSAI central license renewal is not completed on time, a penalty of Rs. 100 will be charged for each day of delay.
If you meet the eligibility requirements and have all of the necessary information, the next move is to apply for an FSSAI license as soon as possible. A long list of FSSAI central license documents, as well as eligibility requirements, can be confusing to many FOBS. As a result, they are unable to obtain documents on time. MeraLegal is happy to provide you with the best assistance and will ensure that your requirement is met within the specified time frame. Our professionals will guide you through the entire process and ensure that you receive your Central FSSAI License.
Are you still searching for a Central FSSAI License in India?
MeraLegal will assist you in obtaining the required Food Licensing and Registration to obtain a Central FSSAI license. Please click on the link below to contact our experts.