All companies, restaurants, grocery stores, and caterers must have a Food License Registration before they can open their doors. All food outlets in India must obtain a 14-digit registration or license number, which must be printed on food packaging (manufacturers) and displayed on the premises (restaurants). The annual turnover and several other significant factors in the food industry decide the Food License Types.
Each food business owner must register with the appropriate authorities for a Food License. Operators who run their businesses without a valid food license can face harsh penalties. If an FBO (Food Business Operator) breaches any of the FSS Act’s laws or regulations, they will be held liable for the penalty. The FSSAI Act also lays down penalties for various types of noncompliance.
People believe that FSSAI is current legislation and that it was only enacted a few years ago. As a result, they appear to be unconcerned about the implications of the Food license. That is not the case, however. Many that are unfamiliar with Food License Registration should be aware that food quality requirements have always been controlled by law. The only difference now is that the rules have been tightened.
FSSAI licenses can now be obtained online, making the process simple and convenient. We’ve covered the steps for registering for a food license online in this article.
The Steps to Apply Food License Online varies from Central to State government.
Below are the standard steps to register online:
- To begin, go to http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/.
- To apply for a license and registration, click Proceed.
- After that, look into your eligibility.
- Eligibility is checked to see if the company is listed below the State list or the Central list. Otherwise, it falls into the annual turnover group.
- Fill in the relevant information and press the submit button. If you own more than two or more properties, press Save and Add to add the addresses.
- Repeat the procedure until all of your addresses have been filled.
- Then, proceed to Generate Report of Eligibility (All premises/Units).
FSSAI Online Registration is based on annual turnover Form A or B must be completed and sent to the appropriate department.
For FSSAI Food License, see the table below.
|Below 12 lakhs||FORM A|
|12 lakhs – 20 crores||FORM B|
|Above 20 crores||Central License FORM B|
The type of registration is the next step to Apply for a Food License Online
- To get started, go to http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in.
- Click on Sign-up (For Self-care portal). (you can find it on the right-hand side of your screen.)
- A Sign-up form will appear on the screen after you click the link. Fill in the blanks with the required information.
- Click Register after entering your username, password, and email address.
- The sign-up process will now come to an end, and you will receive a message on your specified mobile number indicating that your account has been successfully established.
- The username and password have a 30-day expiration date. So, make sure to apply for FSSAI online registration over the next 30 days.
- You must now complete the next step to apply for a food license online after successfully creating a User ID.
- Go to http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in and log in with your username and password.
- Complete the application form with the necessary information.
- Before submitting the form, print it.
- Now press on the submit button.
- After that, pay the fees required for your Food License.
- You will receive a reference number and an acknowledgement receipt once you have successfully submitted the form and paid the fee. Make a note of the receipt number and print it out as well.
- After printing the form, send it along with the necessary documents within 15 days of completing the online food license application.
Things to remember before applying for FSSAI Registration
Few things to keep in mind during FSSAI Registration
- Create a list of all the details that need to be entered into the form.
- Make copies of all the documents and keep them scanned.
- Apply for a food license at least 30 days before your new FSSAI license expires.
- After establishing an account on the FSSAI site, complete the entire FSSAI Online Registration process within 30 days.
- Be prepared to commit several hours to FSSAI online registration, as it is a time-consuming and stressful process.
We are here to make the process of obtaining a food license online as simple as possible. MeraLegal is widely regarded as India’s best FSSAI License Consultant. We’ll take care of everything; all you have to do is fill out a simple and fast questionnaire form. Send us a copy of your scanned documents, and we’ll let you know if you meet the eligibility requirements, after which you can apply for a Food License Online. Our experts will take care of the process by creating an application form and submitting it to the FSSAI portal. We’ll keep you informed on the food license situation. We have a team of dedicated and experienced FSSAI License Consultants who can help you with your food license registration issues.
Do you have the confidence and motivation to start a food business in India?
MeraLegal will assist you in obtaining all appropriate food licenses and registrations to begin your business; please click on the following link to contact one of our consultants.