What is Food Safety Mitra?
The Food Safety Mitra scheme has newly introduced by the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) underneath the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The Food Safety Mitra Scheme was introduced by Dr Harsh Vardhan, on the occasion of World Fertilizer Day, Union Health and Family Welfare Minister. The Food Safety Mitra (FSM) Scheme will boost ease of doing business by establishing a transparent and coordinated ecosystem which will help food businesses in finding qualified service providers at reasonable prices, lowering compliance costs and thus simplifying the FSSAI Registration process.
The goal of the Food Mitra scheme is to work with inspired individuals to support the FSSAI food security ecosystem. A Food Safety Mitra or Food Friend is an individual who has been certified by the FSSAI.
How to Apply for Food Safety Mitra Scheme online
- Visit the official FSSAI website
- Tap the Apply Online tab on the homepage.
- Fill out the online application form with all of the necessary information, including personal, contact, and educational information.
- After you’ve finished filling out the form, read the terms and conditions and then click accept.
- Finally, to complete the registration process, press Register Yourself.
- If the FSSAI selects your submission, you will be asked to attend an interview.
- You will take an online exam after qualifying for the interview.
- The FSSAI will provide guidance and instruction to all candidates who pass the exam.
- After qualifying for the interview, you can take an online test.
- All candidates who pass the exam will receive guidance and instruction from the FSSAI.
Issuance of FSM Certificate
Right after the applicant’s selection from the submitted application, the applicant must complete online training and appear for a CBT (Computer Based Test) at one of the assigned testing locations. After the test, the Food Safety Mitra will receive a certificate that will be valid for two years.
Cancellation of Food Safety Mitra Certification
FSMs will be charged Rs 5000/- while certification. If an FSM chooses to leave the system, the security deposit will be reimbursed. Unless the FSSAI suspends or withdraws the FSM Certificate given to him under the scheme.