The popularity of the Food Business has grown in recent years. People are trying their chances in this industry and succeeding in various ways. Because of the availability of a wide range of food varieties all over the world, the food industry’s requirements have increased. Exotic Food Business Ideas are now being developed by new entrepreneurs, who are also focused on marketing and implementing in the Food Business uniquely. It helps to draw more customers and build a solid customer base. The food business requires a lot of hard work and mental stress, but it also offers a lot of long-term profit potential.
Whoever is planning to start a food business, whether a person or a corporation, must focus on the market’s advantages and disadvantages, as well as The registrations and compliance requirements to start the Food business. Neglecting this could result in serious legal issues, as well as the need to close the company.
If you’re not familiar with the Food Business License Requirements we’ve compiled a list of everything you need to know. This knowledge will assist you in growing your food business. Let’s take a look at each detail here.
What is the Food Business License?
Businesses and people who are qualified to operate a small food business must first apply for Food Business license.
Various Types of Food Business License/ Registration:
Food license is regulated under FSSAI which has been divided it into three categories:
- Basic FSSAI Registration.
- State FSSAI License.
- Central FSSAI license.
Note: Based on the size and type of business, the licensing authorities and prices differ or change.
FSSAI registration is important for businesses that do not know their turnover and are in the early stages of development. A medium-sized food business requires a State FSSAI license, while a large-scale food business requires a Central FSSAI license.
Food license Requirements are listed below. Make a note of these requirements and be sure to follow every requirement.
Here is the list of documents that are required for Food Business Registration:
- The proprietor/partner/authorized signatory must complete and sign Form B.
- Overall measurements and allocation of manufacturing and operational units published in the blueprint/layout of the processing unit. This is needed for the manufacturing process.
- Private corporation – A list of all the directors, along with evidence of their full names and addresses.
- Cooperative society—A list of the community’s executive members, along with full names and addresses.
- Trust – A list of trustees with full names and addresses.
- Partnership Company – A list of all partners with evidence of their full names and addresses.
- Keep track of the different types of machinery that will be used in the company, including names, numbers, capacities, horsepower, and so on.
- List of manufactured food categories with complete information
- A letter of authority from the person who will be held accountable, signed by the second responsible person on behalf of their authorities.
- The government authorized Identity proof and address proof of proprietor/trustees/society members/partners/signing authority
- An in-depth investigation of the water used in food production.
- Any of the following documents can be used as proof of address: rent agreement, electricity bill, sale deed, etc.
- Private co-operation: Articles of Association, Memorandum of Association
- Charitable trust: Name and certificate of the trustee
- Co-operative society – Society resolution form, chairman and member records, and proof of address
- Partnership: Deed of Partnership
- Proof of certificate issued by Coop Act 1861
- Manufacturer: NOC (Non-Objection Certificate) and license copy
- Source of milk including location (if applicable)
- In the case of meat and meat processing plants, the source of raw materials is essential (if applicable)
- Pesticide residue declaration
- Food safety management System plan or certificate
- In the event of a repacker or relebeller, have a recall plan in place.
- Non-Objection Certificate issued by the municipality or local officials
- 100% EDU certificate issued by the ministry of commerce
- Turnover evidence
- NOC/PA papers issued by FSSAI
- IE CODE issued by DGFT
- FORM IX
- A Certificate that’s been issued by the Ministry of Tourism (hotels)
- Documents confirming yearly turnover/ self-declaration copy of vehicles
- Declaration form
How to apply for a food business registration or what is the process for a food business registration:
A food business operator can now apply for a license online. Here are the standard steps to register online:
- Go to http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/ to get started.
- To create a new profile account, fill in all of the essential information.
- Open the Food Business License Application page after you’ve made an account.
- Fill in all of the details and attach relevant documents.
- After you’ve completed all of the documents and information, double-check them and submit them, then proceed to payment.
- You’ll get a reference number and an Acknowledgement Receipt. Make a copy of the receipt.
Here is a collection of Food Business Ideas that you can use for your restaurant or Home-Based Food Business. Choose the type of business you want to start –
- Ice cream shop
- Chinese food Centre
- Grocery shop
- Food truck
- Milk and yoghurt store
- Juice shop
- Fast food franchise or shop
- Canned food
- Personal chef
- Snacks making
- Buffet restaurant
- Coffee shop
- Cookie gift
- Cake making
- Dessert making
- Online Food Selling
- Backend Kitchen to Restaurants.
Try these ideas and pick something more interested in. This requires less investment and are very profitable. Liabilities and documentation are also minimal in the case of Home-Based Food Businesses and can be achieved quickly with the help of a qualified FSSAI consultant.
To get an FSSAI license or Registration, contact our experts at MeraLegal. We’ll take care of everything; all you have to do is fill out a simple and fast questionnaire form. Send us a copy of your scanned documents, and we’ll let you know if you meet the eligibility requirements, after which you can apply for a food license online. Our experts will take care of the process by creating an application form and submitting it to the FSSAI portal. We’ll keep you informed on the food license situation. We have a team of dedicated and experienced FSSAI License Consultants who can help you with your food license registration issues.
Do you have the confidence and motivation to start a food business in India?
MeraLegal will assist you in obtaining all appropriate food licenses and registrations to begin your business; please click on the following link to contact one of our consultants.