Employees Provident Fund
Apply for Employees Provident Fund
Quick, Convenient and Secure Online Process.
Call Now: +91-9028055500
Get Quote Instantly in a Minute
Why Choose us for PF Registration?
- Absolute visibility and proper updates.
Employees Provident Fund [EPF] is basically a scheme under the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952. It is regulated according to the guidelines of Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), which is one of the largest social security organizations in the world in terms of trade and the number of financial transactions undertaken.
EPF is a perk or benefit to an employee during retirement, which is given by the organization. The Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is funds that are raised through regular, monthly contributions made by an employee and his/her employer to offer social security benefits to employees of a specific organization at the time of retirement, death.
EPF registration is mandatory for businesses that have a total employee size of more than 20. Such employers may opt for online PF registration from MeraLegal.
EPF scheme is very beneficial for all employees for saving an amount after their retirement. Under this scheme, an amount is deducted from their monthly salary and is transferred into an account called the EPF account. The sum credited in the EPF account is given to the employees after their retirement.
Advantages of EPF Registration
Employees Provident Fund Organisation has come up with several benefits for EPF (Employee Provident Fund) subscribers in recent years. Few of the advantages of EPF are:
Helpful in Long Term Goals
The PF account can be very useful for long-term objectives such as purchasing a house or setting up a fund for children.
Who can have EPF Registration?
- Contract Employees / Full-time Consultants
To opt for EPF registration, the employer must meet the following guidelines as listed below:
- This EPF scheme is not applicable in the region of Jammu and Kashmir.
Documents Required For EPF Registration
We can divide the list of documents requirement as per the type of entity which may include:
In case of LLP/Company
- PAN card of the LLP/Company
- List of members or directors
- Certificate of incorporation issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- MOA and AOA
- Cross cancelled cheque of establishment
- Address proof which must be in the name of the establishment which can include: - Rent agreement, Electricity Bill, Telephone bill or Water Bill
- Sample signature of directors and/or authorized signatories
- Digital signature of the authorized applicant
- Consent of the majority of employees, in case of voluntary registration by an establishment.
In case of Society/Trust
- PAN Card of the Society/Trust
- Certificate of Incorporation
- MOA and other bye-laws
- President and Members address proof
In case of Employees
- Name of the employee
- Fathers Name
- Date of Birth
- Date of Joining
- Mobile Number
- Residence Address
- Name of Nominee
- Grade and Salary
- ID Proof like Aadhar Card/PAN Card
- Bank Account Number with IFSC Code
- Other Employee details
In some other entities the following may also be required:
- GST Registration Certificate
- First sale bill
- First purchase bill of raw material and machinery
- Bankers details
- Record of a monthly employee strength
- Register of salary and wages
You just need to collect the vital documents and send a copy of each document to us. Our MeraLegal Experts will handle the rest. We manage everything from filing the form to verification processes and legal formalities.
Frequently Asked Questions ?
Any establishment that has 20 or more employees is expected to be registered with the PF Department.
Employee provident fund is a social security scheme that is given by the government to its members. The provisions of the PF Act may apply to the establishment depending on the number of employees. Registration with the Provident Fund Scheme is required for organizations with 20 employees or more. However, it can also be registered voluntarily with the consent of its employees. A copy of the declaration for voluntary registration by the majority of the employee is attached to the form.
Provident fund contribution by the employer & employee is not a taxable income for purposes of Income Tax.
The UAN number is the short form of Universal Account Number Identification Number allotted by the EPFO to its members acts as an account number for the employees. The establishment needs to allocate UAN numbers to all current employees instantly after registration of the establishments.
EPF is a social security scheme, in which both employers and employee contributes to the fund as a percentage of the basic wages. The contribution is as under.
By Employee: 12% of the Basic Wages [10% in case the number of employees is less than 20]
By Employer: An employer has to pay its share of contribution in the following parts
- Employee Provident Fund (EPF) = 3.67% (1.67% in case of less than 20 employees)
- Employee Pension Scheme = 8.33%
- Employee Deposit Linked Insurance (EDLI) = 0.5%
- Admin Charges for EPF = 0.5%
- Admin Charges for EDLI = Nil
PF Payments are due on 15th of the month. All organizations must file their PF return by the 25th of each month. One Final return is expected to be filed on 25th April for the year ended on 31st March.
It is illegal to withdraw money at the time of switching the jobs as it can be carry forwarded once you join a new job. However, you can withdraw your EPF amount if you have not joined any other job for two months from resigning from the earlier job.
Yes. An employee must have to apply for PF transfer to the present company by filling out due forms.
No. There is no age restriction to become the Member of Provident Fund
Till the Provident Fund amount is withdrawn, a member can hold membership. However, PF interest stops being credited to the PF account after the 3rd year, if there is a failure to make significant contributions for 3 years.