Shop Act License Registration
Get Your Gumasta License (Shop Act) Quickly
Convenient and Secure Online Process.
Get Gumasta Registration
Direct Call: Mumbai : 9167687835
Direct Call: Pune : 9028055500
Shop and Establishment Registration
In India, one of the essential regulations that most businesses are expected to follow is the Shop and Establishment Act, which is accepted state wise, which means it can differ from state to state. This Act is enacted to govern the payment of wages, leave, working hours, holidays, and other working conditions of people employed in the unorganized sector. The Shop and Establishment Act is governed by the Department of Labour in India,Shop and establishment registration or license can be made online / offline with the support of MeraLegal.
Shop and Establishment is a Government certified license that issues permission to traders to do business or run a shop. It is directed by the Indian Labour Law to save the interest of the employees under the unorganized sector. According to the Shop and Establishment Act, the owner of a shop must make the following declarations:
- Working hours of the shop
- Opening & closing times of the shop
- Deductions from wages such as PF, Pension, Leave Policy
- Wages paid for overtime.
- National holidays
- Employee breaks
- Leave policy, etc
- Health and safety measures (like Sanitation and cleanliness, Firefighting and Accidental remedies)
Further, the Profit or Non-profit organizations such as Societies, Charitable trusts, Educational Institutions, or any other commercial establishments providing the services of banking must obtain the license of Shop & Establishment license.
The Shop and Establishment Act explains both the terms of shop and establishments. Let’s see them one by one.
Is the Shop & Establishment Registration necessary?
Every shop and establishment must register itself compulsively as per the respective state Act within 30 days of commencement of work. This is a simple license to acquire by every business, and this license can work to get many other licenses and act as proof of a commercial business.
Why Engage us for MSME Registration?
- If you are confused with Shop act registration near me? Who are the most reliable Shop Act licence online consultants? From where can I get Shop act information? What is a Shop act helpline number/contact number?
- Relax!! Go to the website meralegal.com and get Gumasta License form online, talk to our experts.
- Application for Shop act can only be made online in a maximum of states, so it is not necessary to visit any Shop Act registration office. You can also verify Shop act registration status online on the website of the department of labor of a specific state
- If you are looking for a Shop act licence online agent, MeraLegal gives the best online service for online gumasta registration.
- MeraLegal is a company that has more than 50000+ happy customers, and we have the best consultants for Shop act licence.
What You Required to obtain the Shop and Establishment License?
- Firstly, you need to check and understand if your prospective business falls under the category of the shop and commercial establishment specified under the Shop and Establishments Act.
- If yes, then you need to follow the rules and regulations set by the Act for the treatment of their employees, which may differ from state to state.
- Review the respective state list of the shops and establishments as every state has provided a list of Shops and establishments to be included under the Act. Such establishments need to run their business by following the rules and regulations as per the Shop and Establishment Act.
- Post that, you have to apply for registration under the Act within 30 days of the establishment of your business.
A shop owner can avail various benefits from Shop and Establishment License:
Legal Entity Proof
Each shop or business needs a legal entity proof such as proprietorship firm or partnership firm etc. which gives the right to conduct the business in your area or state for the same.
Business Bank Account
Every shop & Establishment must open a different bank account for the day-to-day transactions according to the RBI Compliance. Therefore, every bank asks for a legal entity proof to open a current bank account. And, you can easily open a current business bank account, on the basis of a shop certificate.
Regular inspection by the Government Authorities
State government and local municipality perform regular inspection visits to verify the proper functioning of shops and establishments along with license. If you have the Shop Act licence or Gumasta License, then you can easily get through the inspections every time.
Each state has a DIC Department, which makes the policy for all small businesses in the respective state. On the basis of the Shop License Registration Certificate, you can quickly use the government benefits.
Shop and Establishment do not need any type of compliance after registration. Therefore, no extra cost is included.
Documents required for Gumasta License online differ from state to state. Documents that are needed for applying shop & establishment license may change as per the applicant are as follows:
In the case of Proprietor or Individual
- PAN card and Aadhar card of the proprietor
- Id proof like Voter Id or Passport of applicant
- Address proof like electricity bill or bank statement of proprietor
- Details of the employee, if any
- Nature of entity such as rented or owned along with its address proof
In the case of Partnership
- Aadhar Card and PAN card of all the partners
- Partnership Deed
- Identity proof and address proof of all partners
- Employee’s details if employed
- Office address proof
In case of Company
- MOA and AOA of the company
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Details of directors and members like name, address, contact details, etc
- Number of shares held by subscribers
- Directors Address proof (Electricity bill/Bank Statement)
- Directors Identity proof (Voter Id/Passport/Driving License)
- Subscribers Address proof (Electricity bill/Bank Statement)
- Subscribers Identity proof (Voter Id/Passport/Driving License)
- Details of employees or staff employed in an organization
Shop Act Registration Process
You have to follow the process given below to get a Shop and Establishment License:
Download the application
Firstly, you have to download the registration application form from the official website of the respective states where your shop or establishment is located
Fill the requested details
After downloading the Shop-act Form, you have to fill the required details given below:
- Name of the proposed establishment/shop
- Name and details of the employees at that time
- PAN card details of the employer
- Name and details of the employer
- Registered company address along with NOC or rent agreement (only for rented premises)
Submit the Application
Once you have completed all the information correctly, send it to the chief inspector or in charge inspector of the shop and establishment act along with the specified Government shop act licence fees amount.
Verification of the Application
After submitting the document, all the documents and the application will be checked by the verification authorities.
Issuance of the license
If all the documents are according to the provision of the act, then the certificate will be issued to the proposed establishment/shop.
Please remember that the time duration of getting a license may vary from state to state.
Post this, the owner can show the Registration Certificate in his shop or establishment. And also, he has to renew the license periodically.
Renewal of License
Shop Act Licence Renewal Online can be obtained online quickly via MeraLegal. A license issued under Shop and Establishment Act remains valid for a period of five years and will be renewed before expiry. Since Shop & Establishment License is a state license, rules and procedures may differ from state to state. Gumasta Renewal Application can be submitted online in the same way as the original application is sent to the registrar:
- Go to the Shop & Establishment website and login to the site with Username & Password.
- Click on “Apply for renewal” tab and continue further
- Fill all the details and attach the supporting documents
Following documents are needed for the application of renewal:
- Self-attested copy of PAN card & Aadhar card of owner/partners/directors
- Copy of voter-id/passport/driving license
- Passport size photograph
- Name and address of the company
- Rent agreement of commercial area and NOC from the landlord
- Registers maintained, such as attendance registers, accident entry, etc.
Maintenance & Audit of Records under Shop and Establishment Registration
As per the Shop and Establishment Act, every business has to take approval from the Department of Labour and have to keep
Update registers concerning details of employment, fines, salary, deductions and advances, and holidays. The specifications may differ from state to state.
Documents regarding annual holidays and the number of employees required to be submitted to the office of the Municipal Corporation annually.
No Regular return is submitted under this Act.
How can we assist in getting registration?
- Registration renewal under the Shop and establishment act,
- Simple and Economic Registration under the Shop and establishment act
- MSME registration,
- GST registration,
- Updates on improvements and modifications have been made from time to time by respective states.
- Format and set of legal documents needed by start-ups.
- Legal advisory, Compliance calendar relevant to your establishment, and much more.
Frequently Asked Questions ?
Every employer and Business owner of a shop & establishment must apply for registration of his shops/Establishment within 30 days of start of his business.
Yes, under a Shop and Establishment Act, every business must take approval from the Department of Labour before starting the business.
All Indian states have imposed some rules and regulations about conditions of work. The main purpose is to ensure uniform advantages for employees working in different companies from residential hotels, shops, and commercial establishments to restaurants, theatres, and other places for public entertainment.
Yes, whether the activities are employee-driven or not, the business entity must acquire a shop act license subject to the State laws. In most states, the registration is compulsory within 30 days, regardless of the number of employees.
Factories are not considered by the shops & establishments as they are governed by the Factories Act, 1948. We provide three quick measures to get Online GumastaLicence.
Yes, every branch needs to be registered separately regardless of the jurisdiction of the authority.
Yes, the shop and establishment act is suitable for every office and shop where commercial operations are going on, even on employing one employee. The Corporate office or office will be considered, according to the Shop and Establishment Act. Moreover, the requirement of leave and other rules shall be applicable, even if your company is registered under the Companies Act.
Gumasta license renewal online can be done quickly via MeraLegal. Each registration certificate needs to be renewed within 30 days of the year expiry, i.e., before 1st December of every year. In Maharashtra Gumasta renewal procedure is abandoned, and a new Gumasta license online is issued for a lifetime.
You can contact the MeraLegal for Gumasta license registration, which has defined a benchmark in the industry for the quickest delivery, and professional approach towards the work given to the team. You can talk to us by posting a query, and we will contact you within a few hours.
Normally, the physical verification of the premise is not necessary. However, the officers are authorized and may come to check the premise before issuing a registration certificate.
If the shop or establishment decides to close down the business, the occupier should inform the Chief Inspector before fifteen days of the closing in writing. After reading the closure application, the Chief Inspector may delete the shop or commercial establishment from the register and cancel the registration certificate.