TAN Registration Online
Apply for your TAN Card
Quick, Convenient and Secure Online Process.
Free Current Account
Online TAN Registration
Direct Call: Mumbai : 9167687835
Direct Call: Pune : 9820927758
TAN Registration Online/ TAN Card
TAN is a 10-digit alphanumeric number that stands for Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number. All individuals who are responsible for deducting or collecting the tax must obtain the Tan Number.
The Income Tax (IT) Department assigns the alphanumeric number following Section 203A of the Income Tax Act, 1961. It must be included in all TDS returns.
Why is TAN Required?
Individuals must have a TAN because TIN facilitation centers would not allow returns that have been tax deducted at source (TDS) or tax collected at source (TCS) without it. If the TAN is not mentioned on the challan, banks will not allow them for TDS/TCS payments.
Failure to apply for a TAN or to quote the 10-digit alphanumeric number in prescribed documents such as TDS/TCS returns, e-TDS/e-TCS returns, TDS/TCS certificates, and TDS/TCS payment challans will result in an Rs.10,000 penalty.
Documents Required for TAN Registration
For TAN Registration or obtaining a TAN Card online, you'll need the following 3 documents.
You can find application forms for any of these categories on the official websites of NDSL and UTIITSL
For the TAN Card Application Online, the following documents are required:
- Passport size photographs
- Aadhar Card
- Proof of Address
Who Can Apply for TAN Registration/ TAN Card?
Any person or business entity who is responsible for deducting or collecting tax at source on behalf of the Income Tax department must apply for and receive a 10-digit alphanumeric TAN.
Who Issues TAN Card?
The Income Tax Department has assigned this authority to NSDL, which issues the TAN card on behalf of the IT department and under the supervision of the CBDT.
Validity Of TAN Card
The TAN number is valid for life until you surrender it to the tax authorities for whatever reason, The TAN is produced once and does not need to be renewed.
How To Apply for TAN Registration/ TAN Card Online?
Simply follow the below 5 step procedure to obtain your TAN Card Online
Benefits Of TAN Registration/ TAN Card
Some of the advantages of having a TAN registration/TAN card are mentioned below:
- TAN has a one-of-a-kind number that is valid for a lifetime.
- TAN is ultimately used for salary, interest, and dividend deductions. When depositing a tax, the challan form 281 should be used, and the 10 digit TAN number, as well as the deductor's name and address, should be correctly stated.
- Since TDS certificates are issued by an individual or company that has a TAN, the taxpayer may see how much tax he or she has paid.
- The taxpayer may also use this TDS certificate as evidence of tax paid in some form of dispute.
- TAN must be included in all tax documents.
- Even if someone forgets their TAN number after receiving it, they can retrieve it by going to the NSDL website and clicking the "Know your TAN" button.
- The acknowledgment number may be used to monitor the status of a TAN application after it has been successfully submitted.
Frequently Asked Questions ?
The Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number, or TAN, is a 10-character alphanumeric code that is assigned to anyone who is required to deduct tax at source, or TDS.
The three documents mentioned below are necessary for TAN registration or obtaining a TAN card online:
- Aadhaar Card
- Proof of Address
- Passport Size Photograph
- Login to MeraLegal Website
- Upload the necessary Documents and Make Payment
- A MeraLegal Expert will contact you
- Your Tan Card will be delivered to your door in 7 days
It is not necessary if the relocation takes place within the same area. If you are moving between cities, you must surrender your current TAN and apply for a new one.
A printout of the webpage showing the specifics of TAN on the Income Tax Department's website can be used to demonstrate that you have TAN.
No, you can never use PAN instead of TAN because they have different purposes.
No, you can never use PAN instead of TAN since the two are used for different purposes.
The original TAN should be used in case a duplicate TAN is being obtained.